Ceylon cinnamon also known as “True Cinnamon” is native to Sri Lanka. Due to unique chemical properties over other varieties, Ceylon Cinnamon has a high reputation and demand in the market all over the world.
The True Cinnamon’s appearance which is naturally dried inner bark of the tree comes to the market through a hand crafted process. The quills are specially prepared in a way that is unique to Sri Lanka. Over centuries this skill has been passed on from generation to generation.
The final product is available as a valuable spice that is tan brown in colour, light in weight and paper thickness of bark which forms multiple layers rolled up as a quill. It is quite fragile and delicate that it can be easily crushed or broken. These Cinnamon sticks taste sweet while adding a freshness when you take a bite. It also creates an excellent flavor and produces a wonderful aroma.
Besides being a spice in nature, cinnamon is widely used in pharmaceutical industries, bakeries and cosmetic industries throughout the world.
About Maturai Essence
“Matara” is a city in the southern coast of Sri Lanka. Currently it is a major commercial hub but it has a great historical and geographical attachment to spices.
In the 16th and 18th centuries, Matara was ruled by the Portuguese and the Dutch respectively where they built a massive fortress to guard the coast and the city. The city’s name Matara was derived from the mispronunciation of the word Matora by the Portuguese who called it “Maturai” in 1672. There was a key reason why both the Portuguese and the Dutch were interested in invading this small island Sri Lanka and to specifically locate themselves in Matara. It was the fact that it has the best weather, soil and the natural infrastructure to grow Cinnamon. It is also geographically located in the best sea trading route so it was easier for them to transport it to anywhere around the worldOur brand “Maturai Essence” proudly speaks of the history and the value of where our “True Cinnamon” is produced. It is from the originated country from the same originated location.
All our products are cultivated in our own plantations in Matara and harvested by our own workers. We ensure that we maintain a high standard to control the quality of all our products from the time they are harvested until it is packed and reached at your doorstep
“Our goal is to give every single person an opportunity to experience the real taste of true Sri Lankan spices that drew the attention of all the great invaders in the ancient years by producing them following the same traditional methods and making them available in every part of the world.”
Health Benefits of Cinnamon
1. Half a tea spoon of cinnamon per day can lower LDL Cholesterol
2. Cinnamon has a controlling ability over the blood sugar, which makes it priceless for patients especially with type 2 Diabetes
3. Cinnamon also can stop "medication resistant yeast" infections which is a common ailment.
4. According to a research done by the U.S department of agriculture in Maryland based on Leukemia, Cinnamon has proved to reduce proliferation of Leukemia and Lymphoma cancer cells.
5. It has anti clotting effect on blood.
6. Based on a study at Copenhagen University, patients were relieved of arthritis pain and were able to walk without pain within one month of treatment when medicated with half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder enriched by adding one teaspoon of honey.
7. It is a natural food preservative since it hinders bacterial colonization and food spoilage.
8. Cinnamon is said to boost Cognitive functions and increase memory power.
9. Researchers at Kansas State University found that cinnamon fights the E. coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices.
10.It is a great source of manganese, iron, fiber and calcium.
Shipping Information and Terms
- We Provide Worldwide Free Shipping via DHL, FedEx International Shipping or through Srilankan International Register Postal Service.
- We provide you with your unique Postal tracking code. You could use it to check the status of the shipment.
- It may take from 7 to 45 days for you to receive your shipment.
- Delivery might take longer due to delays in the postal service process, Customs clearance process, work holiday, bad weather, or any other unavoidable reasons.
- If your shipment does not arrive within the above stated time frame, kindly contact us before leaving Negative or Neutral feedback by opening a dispute. We are always willing to provide you with a great service.
- Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.